The following hints, tips and strategies will help you achieve a higher score in your next IELTS Speaking test:-1. Very simply - just listen to the question and answer it. Keep it simple and listen for the tenses. One example here is in the following part 1 question:
2. Try to talk as fluently as possible. This means that you do not speak too quickly and that you pay attention to your pronunciation if you can.
3. Try to relax, be confident and enjoy using your English.
4. Develop your answers, do not answer a question with a "yes" or "no" only. You should be speaking more than the examiner.
5. If you do not understand a question, you can ask for clarification if necessary.
6. Do not learn prepared answers. Practicing before your test is essential, but be ready to answer any type of question and do not rely on memorized answers in the test.
7. Try to have eye contact with the examiner. This does not mean you need to look at him/her all the time, but remember normal conversation involves some eye contact. If you are speaking with someone and they never look at you, it can feel quite awkward.
8. Practice, practice, practice makes perfect. The type of questions you will be asked are reasonably predictable, therefore practice at home using some example test questions and record yourself speaking. Try to get as much speaking practice as you can, BEFORE you sit the test.
9. If you can, it is a good idea to complete an IELTS Speaking preparation course to help you to achieve a higher score in the IELTS Speaking test. Contact Australia English Institute to see how you can achieve a higher grade in your next test.